Hi there,

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Nigel Hamilton wrote:

> I recently managed to get the RAM consumption of my server under control.

:)

> Does anyone have a really lean and mean mod_perl, Apache configuration

On the face of it 20Mb looks a bit heavy for mod_perl processes.  But
it depends so much on what you're doing with them that it really makes
no sense to generalize, except for things you already know like not
tuning section of the Guide for tips, and trawled through the archives
for discussions on the subject (of which there have been many:).

If you can consider a proxy setup it may be that you can trade off
complexity in your configuration against your RAM consumption, but
first I'd be asking is it necessary?  Only you can answer that one,
and in any case RAM is a lot cheaper than software development.

73,
Ged.