On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Matt Corbett wrote:

> Dear List,
> I have got a problem that I can't fix no way, no how.
>
> I am porting a Linux website to xp pro.
>  I need to use the Apache::Request module on a range of
> programs to use POST and GET methods in my HTML to process
> information gathered.
>
> The port I am using is the Activestate Apache/1.3.27 (Win32)
> mod_ssl/2.8.14 OpenSSL/0.9.7b mod_perl/1.27_01-dev
>
> I have installed 'Apache::Request with perl -MCPAN -e "shell"' and
> 'install Apache::Request' . and if I try to run the install I get a
> message saying 'Apache::Request is up to date'
>  I dont seem to be able to test the module becuase I cannot
> make it with NMAKE.EXE, is this necessary. I use nmake15.exe
> should I be using a later one.

To build the module, you'll need a C compiler (Visual C++ 6, if
you want compatibility with ActivePerl). But since CPAN.pm
believes Apache::Request is up to date, you probably have a
working version, in principle. Does
   C:\> perl -MApache::Request -e "print 1"
produce any error?

> The @INC is c:\perl\lib and c:\perl\site\lib
>
> The request.pm is in /perl/site/lib/apache
>
> however when I run the following code
>
> #!c:/perl/bin/perl -w
>  use Apache ();
> use Apache::Request ();
> use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
> my $r = Apache::Request->new(shift);
> # my $apr = Apache::Request->new($r);
> print  "Content-type:text/html\n\n";
> print "Hello, World...\n";
> print $r;
> print @INC;
>  I receive the message Can't locate object method "new" via
> package "Apache::Request" (perhaps you forgot to load
> "Apache::Request"?) at c:\apache\cgi-bin\ap2.pl line 6.

This script ran fine for me under Apache::Registry with
ActivePerl 635 / mod_perl 1.27 / Apache 1.3.27. From where are
you running it? And does a simple Apache::Registry script that
just prints out "Hello" work from the same location?

--
best regards,
randy kobes