I think it should be based on your specific
requirements. If you want to setup a production box
and does not have much time in hand to troubleshoot,
then you must go for mod_perl 1.x/Apache-1.x latest
stable versions.

However, if you have time in hand & want to learn a
bit about Apache/mod_perl, then 2.x would be better.
For any slightly large project, you're likely to face
problems & it's fun to debug as you'd get to know the
code better. I'd also think mod_perl 1.x series may be
discontinued after a while, as 2.x gets to be used
widely (however, it may be a while).

I have been trying to move a large application from
mod_perl 1.x to 2.x. There had been many hiccups now &
then and I had to install latest of version of all
components in my tech stack (perl 5.8.0, latest
CGI/DBI/DBD ...etc.) and had to tweak my
configurations. I found few issues in the process and
I've reported them here. From my experience, it's a
bit long journey, but quite interesting.

Sreeji

 --- Jamie Krasnoo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hi
all,