Jie Gao wrote:
Hi All,

I am playing with a socket-based protocol module based on Stas'
MyApache::EchoSocket.

I wonder what is needed to enable the function of re-using connections?

As long as you don't quit the handler you keep the connection open.

However I still have to investigate what are the issues with socket based protocol modules, there was a thread on the httpd-dev list saying that there some problems with it. So it's better to use bucket brigade based data manipulations.

In perl we can use this:

$server = IO::Socket::INET->new(LocalHost => "my.host.com",
                                LocalPort => 8899,
                                ReuseAddr => 1,
                                Proto     => "tcp",
                                Listen    => 200 )

How is this implemented http in mod_perl via Apache2 without using http?

Any suggestions?

it's not implemented in mod_perl, but in Apache 2 itself. You can look at the C source code and write similar in perl inside your handler. Most of the relevant logic resides in files starting with http_ in the apache source.