Mark Maunder wrote:
I'm running all scripts under Apache::Registry and using Apache::Request
because I'm handling file uploads. Sorry, should have included that.

I did test this: I modified the Apache::Registry script that was being
posted to so that it didn't create an Apache::Registry request object,
but simply did a print "Content-type: text/html\n\nTesting123\n"; And I
got the same double request problem. So it seems that it's Apache not
liking that particular request for some reason.

Here's something wierd. I telnetted to my server's port 80 and pasted
the request, and it didn't reproduce the problem.

Try using the command line user agent, e.g. lwp, lynx or else, where you can control the involvement of the user agent. For example you can see response headers, which probably aren't available under IE.

[...]