Let's say I want to create a site with five virtual hosts.  I want all of
them to share the basic MP2 stuff, Apache-related modules and so forth.
Then, for Virtual Host 1 (VH1 for short ;) I want to specify a set of
modules unique to VH1.  For VH2-VH4 I want to specify another set of
modules, but the same set for all of those virtual hosts.

So I feel like I want to have two interpreter pools.  I want a parent at the
top-most level (outside of all of the virtual hosts) that loads the basic
stuff.  Then I want a parent and a pool for VH1.  Then I want a parent and a
pool for VH2-VH4 to share.

I'm not clear on how to do this or even if it is possible.  I understand how
the Clone and Parent options work, but they depend on the structure of the
Apache configuration file.  I don't offhand know of a way to group four
virtual hosts into a block so that they can inherit the same parent/pool.

If I were trying to solve this (assuming that it isn't already possible
somehow) I might come up with the concept of named interpreter parent/pools.
Something like:

        <PerlInterpPool VH1>
          PerlRequire "VH1/startup.pl"
        </PerlInterpPool>

        <PerlInterpPool VHX>
          PerlRequire "VHX/startup.pl"
        </PerlInterpPool>

        <VirtualHost VH1>
          PerlInterpPool        VH1
        </VirtualHost>

        <VirtualHost VH2>
          PerlInterpPool        VHX
        </VirtualHost>

        <VirtualHost VH5>
          PerlInterpPool        VHX
        </VirtualHost>

But that's just off the top of my head and probably wrong for any number of
reasons.

Any thoughts?  Or better yet, a way to do this with MP2 already?

mma