On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 01:05:58AM +0200, Fatih Gey wrote:

> i was writing my own AuthHandler with modperl v2 (v1.99_09).

[...]

> After having entered user/pass via html-form, this authentification
> does his job well, but on the following request (on same browser)
> $obj->user doesnt seem to return any value.. so this handler tries
> to compare http post data ( which arent present this time) with
> userdata in mysql-table.. resulting in an Auth_Required error.

Well, how do you suppose that the browser should know how and what
credentials to send?

Unless you (a) create a session-cookie, (b) encode a session-kei into
each url or (c) use the simple but proper Basic Authentication scheme,
there is no way to accomplish this. And from what I gather you are not
doing any of that?