On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 02:41, Влад Сафронов wrote:
> I'm using only Apache::ePerl which allows me use Perl in the the way
> like
> PHP, since I don't need Mason or EmbPerl html features for small WAP
> resources.

I think you should consider using a system that is actually supported.
Embperl, Apache::ASP, Text::Template, and Mason all have similar syntax
to ePerl.  There are lots of other things on CPAN that might be even
closer in syntax, but are not as widely used and well supported.

> I just can't understand where the Apache::ePerl
> bug can be --
> it so simple and so clear module.. and it worked on older perl!

You should go through the change log for Perl 5.8 then, since something
that changed between 5.6 and 5.8 must be causing problems for you.

> where is all community? it's so silent in the conference. what the
> language
> perl programmers migrated to? JSP, PHP? :(

Are you asking why more people aren't responding to your question?
Probably because almost no one uses ePerl any more.

- Perrin
  • ... Влад Сафронов
    • ... Perrin Harkins
    • ... Влад Сафронов