Hi there,

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, John Siracusa wrote:

> Has anyone gotten this to work on OS X?
>  [snip]
> I've used this profiling technique on other Unix-like OSes, so I think
> I'm doing it right.

I'm sure you're doing it right.

> But on OS X, I get a tiny tmon.out file that never grows after the
> initial server startup.  I don't see any error messages or log lines.
>
> When I try to use Apache::DProf, I get a bus error on any request:
>
> [Fri Jul 25 18:52:48 2003] [notice] child pid 3840 exit signal Bus
> error (10)

I've never tried it on OS X, but I had exactly the same problem when
Perl 5.6 first came out.  I didn't investigate further since the Perl
development team were rather unhelpful about it.  And about quite a
lot of other things.  With hindsight that might be understandable,
they must have been taking a lot of flack about that time.

The problem persisted until I upgraded to 5.7.2.

Any way you can try it on a different OS, or even try a different Perl?
And before Stas jumps on me *again* for saying that I have no evidence
that 5.8.0 is the culprit in this case.  It just smells fishy to me.  :)

73,
Ged.