> On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 04:32, Frank Maas wrote:
> Come to think of it, I have never had problems with mod_proxy caching
> thing I didn't want cached.  Quite the opposite -- I had to be very
> careful with Expires headers to get anything cached at all.
>
> I think you might be mis-diagnosing the problem here.  Maybe it's an
> issue on the backend instead.

Well, I thought that too, but couldn't get a grip on it. Picture the
situation I described before. Whenever a page is served outside it's
template, a logmessage is generated. Now when I see a page without
template on my screen (wrong) and I look in the logfile I see that
only the allowed address is written as being served.
That's why I thought there was some optimisation in the cache engine
that limited the number of equal requests to the backend to one for
each URI. This would then even go beyond any headers, but more on the
principle of 'the page served at exactly the same moment is the same
page'...?

--Frank

PS: I now removed the caching mechanism from the setup and everything
is working fine through the proxy. Whenever I cross this bridge again
I will start looking more closely.