Recently I have found myself spending most of the time trying to reproduce reported bugs (and non-bugs), instead of resolving the already known bugs. Often times it takes a long time and multiple emails to get all the required information from the user reporting the problem to be able to reproduce the problem or to prove it to be a problem in the user code, and many times I can't reproduce problems on linux and my guess-work is not always successful.

It'd be very helpful if folks gave us help to reproduce problems, so we can concentrate on fixing them. You don't have to understand mod_perl internals or to know C to reproduce problems. Just read the report, see if you can reproduce it, ask the person about the missing details (mostly listed here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/help.html#How_to_Report_Problems) and see if you can help the reporter to get a better bug report.

The preferred way to help developers reproduce problems is to write a new test (or modify an existing test) for the mod_perl test suite, which when you run fails. or at least write a simple very short script/handler that can be converted into a test. But you really want to learn how to write tests with Apache::Test if you do any serious mod_perl development, so there is no excuse not to learn Apache::Test, not talking about the fact that there are hundreds of existing tests as examples, the tutorial http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html and the slowly growing manpages. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask here or on the test-dev list.

Also please notice that some bug reports are posted to the dev list
http://perl.apache.org/maillist/dev.html so monitoring both lists is a good idea.

Thanks for your help.