gerard uolaquetalestem wrote:
Hi everyone (my first message).

The message is that there is a syntax error in line x of some conf file, the syntax error is that PerlSwitches is an unknown command.

I am trying to compile modperl2 with perl 5.8 compiles with mpm and ithreads and with apache2 compiled not as a DSO module but as static part of the executable.

But i get this error, what can it be?
I'm using suse linux 8.0

Another thing is that i compiled perl with i686-linux, but i used to think i was i386, as i686 was the default i leave as it.
Anyway i don't think it has any importance.

Any idea?

Static mod_perl build is not available at this moment. Patches to do the necessary work are welcome.

In any case when reporting problems, please make sure to follow the guidelines:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems

Extra info:
I want to compile as static module because with DSO option #perl directive doesn't work.

You are confusing mod_perl 1.0 and mod_perl 2.0, #perl doesn't work in the static build of mod_perl 1.0, not 2.0.

Geoff, what the status of the SSI's port to mp2?