Perrin Harkins wrote:
Josh Chamas wrote:

The latest version of Apache::ASP v2.55 has been released. The biggest
improvement is no longer loading Apache::compat for running under mod_perl2.

Has this affected the performance measurements you made earlier in any way?

Not really. I was working on the port away from Apache::compat during the benchmarking, so the results I posted before largely reflect the porting work. I do not believe there was much of a performance impact regardless, there is so much runtime overhead to Apache::ASP, that the difference was probably on the order of 5% or so if any. There might have also been a small amount of memory savings as well, but I remember it to be on the order of a 200-300K or so across 20 processes ( things preloaded as usual ).

Regards,

Josh