On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 11:07:13AM -0400, Geoffrey Young wrote:

> "There is actually a <Location>/<LocationMatch>  sequence performed just
> before the name translation phase (where Aliases and DocumentRoots  are
> used to map URLs to filenames). The results of this sequence are completely
> thrown away after the translation has completed."
>
> which is what you found in the code - note the "completely thrown away"
> part.  in essence, this means that the results of the <Location> config
> merging are discarded prior to translation, after which <Location> merging
> is done again.

Ehm... considering both solutions worked and the quoted paragraph,
shouldn't we read it as 'the results of this sequence can be used during
the translation phase, but are thrown away after the translation has
completed'. This would mean that the results are not discarded prior to
translation, but after translation and that would also explain why the two
solutions work...

--Frank