I am getting up and running a server that wants mod_perl.  The instructions
talks about a startup script.  I'm very new, so I don't know how I'm
supposed to get this step completed.

Do I copy the provided script to a location?  Do I edit an existing script?
Do I edit some configuration file?

Thank you.

The instructions I'm following is quoted below, it is from
http://doc.otrs.org/1.1/html/install-cli.html#INSTALL-CLI-WEBSERVER

--
Wes Plate
 Automatic Duck, Inc.