Hello,

I've been having trouble running npi-cgi scripts under Apache 2.0.40.
which came with rh 8.0, so am trying a more recent version of Apache.

I downloaded the tarball for 2.0.47, compiled and installed.

I get
[EMAIL PROTECTED] httpd-2.0.47]#  /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start
Starting httpd: httpd: module "mod_perl.c" is not compatible with this
version of Apache (found 20020628, need 20020903).
Please contact the vendor for the correct version.
                                                           [FAILED]

I followed up with the poster of a solution to this problem that I
googled up, and he directed me here.

I cannot rpm -e httpd without uninstalling a lot of other things as
well, and I haven't found a 2.0.47 rpm either.

What do you suggest I do to fix this problem?

Another option given by the person who wrote the perl giving me problems
was to install apache 1.3.28. Is this the recommended solution?

--
John Francis Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>