Ilia Rassadzin wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to filter DECRYPTED, PLAIN TEXT data. I attached my two configuration files. If more information needed i can send my logs. Ideally I want to make a setup where encryption/decryption being done twice in order to filter DECRYPTED, PLAIN TEXT data(correct me if I am wrong) Like SSL-enabled browser <-> Proxy (SSL, Apache) <-> Proxy (non SSL, Apache, here goes filtering) <-> another Proxy ( SSL, Apache) <-> Server (SSL)

So you try to use mod_perl 2.0 as a proxy, which decrypts the stream, does something to it, encrypts it back and sends it further? I'm not sure whether this should work, aren't you suppose to somehow reconstruct the keys in order for this to work?

What would be the minimal setup to setup a test environment?

At this time i made some little perl script
and it works for GET, having some troubles with POST,
so if you are aware about this problem SSL + proxy +
POST, please let me know (sorry for offtopic)
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use URI::URL;
use LWP::UserAgent;
use HTTP::Request;
use HTTP::Request::Common;
use HTTP::Request::Form;
use HTML::TreeBuilder 3.0;
use HTTP::Cookies;

my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
$ua->proxy('https','https://localhost');
my $url = url 'https://some.server.com:1200/';
my $cookie_jar = HTTP::Cookies->new();
my $res = $ua->request(GET $url);
my $tree = HTML::TreeBuilder->new;
$tree->parse($res->content);
$tree->eof();
my @forms = $tree->find_by_tag_name('FORM');
my $f = HTTP::Request::Form->new($forms[0], $url);
$f->field("nm", "user");
$f->field("pwd", "password");
my $response = $ua->request($f->press("submit"));
$cookie_jar->extract_cookies($response);
$cookie_jar->save();
print $response->content if $response->is_success;
ie, non-SSL browser <-> proxy + mod_ssl + mod_perl
filter <-> server works for me for GET

If I do the same with IE, ie Tools->Internet
Options->Connections->Lan Settings->use a proxy server
and put here address of my apache server, I am getting
403 Forbidden.
I cannot explain this.
Any help, ideas, etc are highly appreciated.

I'm not sure how this script helps to understand your problem with filtering. Neither a huge config file, most of it irrelevant to the problem.

What we need is a set of short script/handlers and a minimal config file with which we can reproduce the problem.

Ideally, if you can submit patches to our test suite to accomplish this setup that would be the simplest. All we will have to do is to make it working.