On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, K Old wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 00:18, Randy Kobes wrote:
> > On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, K Old wrote:
[ ... ]
> > > I did a "install HTML::Mason" from the CPAN command
> > > line and all the dependencies were downloaded and some
> > > didn't compile.  The two that didn't are
> > > Apache::Test-1.03 and libapreq-1.2.
> > [ .. ]
> > Regarding the failure of the tests in these two packages,
> > what happens if you unpack, build, and test these as
> > a non-root user, only becoming root to install them?
> > There's some subtelties running the tests as root.
>
> Randy,
>
> Ok, yes, this worked...to a point!  I pulled down fresh
> copies of the modules from CPAN, unpacked, build and
> tested with another user.  All tests were successful with
> Apache::Test with the normal user, but I had to go to root
> for the tests for libapreq1.2 as my webserver needed the
> root user to start FrontPage services.

Is it possible to disable FrontPage just to see if the
libapreq tests are OK when run as another user?

> Doing the make test for
> libapreq-1.2 all test fail and I get this in the t/logs/error_log:
>
> [Mon Aug 25 08:49:12 2003] [error] Can't load
> '/home/admin/libapreq-1.2/blib/arch/auto/Apache/Cookie/Cookie.so' for
> module Apache::Cookie: libapreq.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm
> line 206.
[ ... ]
> I've tried to install DynaLoader.pm from CPAN, but it says it's up to
> date.

That error message means that libapreq.so, which is required by
Apache::Cookie, couldn't be loaded. Do you have a
libapreq.so under /home/admin/libapreq-1.2/blib/? And if so,
does it have the permissions set so that the user under
which the web server is running as can load it?

--
best regards,
randy