Perrin Harkins wrote:
On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 13:12, Geoffrey Young wrote:

actually, the assbackwards slot of the request record is there to indicate
that the incoming request used HTTP/0.9, which defines only GET and where no
headers are expected in the response.

Clearly this works, but wouldn't it be better to implement a protocol
handler for IceCast instead?  Or is that just overkill for this?

I dunno. that IceCast is a protocol seems to make it a perfect candidate for a protocol handler. however, since I have yet to play with that aspect of apache or mod_perl, I don't know the overhead involved, especially if an ICY request is the same as an HTTP request, and supressing headers is the only difference between HTTP and ICY responses.

but yes, hans, for the record Apache 2.0 and mod_perl 2.0 both support the idea of protocol handlers, if you're interested. see

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/protocols.html

--Geoff