petersm wrote:

Steve Hay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

<Location /myproject>
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler MyProject->dispatcher
</Location>

<LocationMatch "^/myproject/(images|javascript|stylesheets)">
SetHandler default-handler
</LocationMatch>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just say> <Location /myproject>

<Location /myproject>
    AddHandler perl-script .cgi
    PerlHandler MyProject->dispatcher
</Location>

using AddHandler instead of SetHandler. This will not override the default
handler for things like images/stylesheets/static html. This way you don't
need the <LocationMatch "^/myproject/(images|javascript|stylesheets)"> ... tags.

I prefer for reasons that I can't really explain to have the Perl handler locations having no extension - e.g. things like "/myproject/component1" rather than "/myproject/component1.cgi".

I can't see how to achieve that with an AddHandler. (And even if I did get that working somehow, then the Perl handler would have to hand control back to the Apache core when it receives a request for "/myproject/images".)

Thanks for the idea, though. If I manage to overcome my inexplicable aversion to file extensions then it certainly looks like the simplest solution.

- Steve