I have RedHat 9, I have installed Apache using rpm
wich comes with RedHat9 (httpd-2.0.40-21) then i
haveinstalled mod_perl using rpm mod_perl-1.99_07-5
then is have installed the latest Mason files
HTML-Mason-1.22) but when i try to start Apache it says
Apache/Constants.pm not found. I serched CAPAN for
Apache::Constents it points to mod_perl which i
have already installed.

for your information i have added these lines to
httpd.conf:
PerlModule HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
<FilesMatch "\.html$">
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
</FilesMatch>
the error i get is:
Can't locate Apache/Constants.pm in @INC (@INC
contains
 /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 .) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm
line 13.!BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm
line 13.!Compilation failed in require at (eval 1)
line 3.!
[Tue Sep 09 16:28:02 2003] [error] Can't load Perl
module HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler for server
127.0.0.1:0, exiting...!
To over come this problem i put in these entries
:
I put in these lines in my httpd.conf file
PerlModule Apache2
PerlModule Apache::compat
PerlModule HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
 <FilesMatch "\.mml$">
   SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
 </FilesMatch>
now the server satrts up well but when i wanted to
test some Mason set up  i put in a file  called
"greet.nml" in my document root
its contesnt :
Greetings, <% ("Earthlings", "Martians")[rand 2] %>
only one line but is get internal server error when i
look it up in the browser

It would help if some would let me know what to do and what is happning

It would be of great help if some one could tell me the step by step process for installing apache, mod_perl, and mason in a clean and eassy way and what version numbers to use sothat i dont face much problems is RedHat 8 or 7 better than RedHat9 when it comes to this

it will also help if you could provide me some links also

thanks in advance

Do you Yahoo!?