Done

Stas Bekman wrote:

care to post this back to the list? thanks.

Adam Kennedy wrote:

Interesting idea, and I'm fine with it, although I dislike ApacheEmu.

Despite being longer, surely it would fit somewhere like Emulate::Apache::XXXXXX.

Adam

Stas Bekman wrote:

Adam Kennedy wrote:

For those interested, I've been doing a general clean up of the code
( shrinking the code size down mainly ), prior to starting further work on it.

Code available on request.

My intentions is to keep it as light as possible. While Apache::Fake
seems to be able to do a very large amount of things, including reading Apache config files by the look of it, I'll be trying to keep
this to some minimum set of features.

Enough to provide all the standard functionality, but not to do any
fancy tricks.

One of the ideas was to have a more intuitive namespace for Apache emulators. The suggestion was to introduce a new namespace ApacheEmu:: or similar. So yours will be ApacheEmu::Request and David's Apache::Table emulator, will be ApacheEmu::Table, etc.

The logic is that all these modules do not require Apache to run and therefore shouldn't be in the Apache:: namespace.

Adam

Nigel Wetters wrote:

David Wheeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 09/03/03 05:46am >>>

May I suggest that you post a note to the modperl list announcing Apache::Emulator. I think that the folks there might be interested in

your work.

A couple of years ago, I produced a module that emulated a few of the
Apache::Request methods from a CGI environment. The only reason for
doing this was that I was writing an adserver (boo hiss) that I wanted
to run on both Apache and Netscape webservers, but didn't want to write
code in CGI. I released the code to CPAN as Apache::Emulator within a
rarely used Adserver distribution.

My code wasn't complete, or by any means pleasant, but, I guess it was
a good idea because Jorg Walter finished off the job with his excellent,
and comprehensive Apache::Fake distrubution.

Recently, Adam Kennedy has expressed an interest in adding a few
methods to Apache::Emulator, and I dusted off the distribution for him
(separating the code from the Adserver I'd written). I think he would
like to have Apache::Emulator be a slimmed down version of Apache::Fake,
keeping only the most popular features. I'm glad that somepone has taken
an interest.

I think this repackaging is what raised the interest of a few mod_perl
developers. However, at the moment, there is nothing new here.
Nigel
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>