I am currently running apache 1.3.26 with mod_perl 1.36 and Perl 5.6.1 on my web
server which is a Sun Solaris machine running Solaris 7.  We have just bought a new
Sun machine for our web server and I will be installing Solaris 9.  I figure that now
is a good time to upgrade my software.  I would like to install Apache 2, mod_perl 2,
and Perl 5.8. Does anyone know of any specific problems, issues that I should look out
for?  I am also running MySQL and I use the perl DBI-DBD modules for interfacing
between apache and mysql.  If anyone has any suggestions or tips to pass along I would
appreciate it.

Malki Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
Rehovot, Israel 76100
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
08-934-3036