On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 11:05, Jonathan Swartz wrote:
> I've deactivated the link and pointed to the new handler.

Thanks!

> Is this outdated information? Is Flex now considered reasonable for
> production? (Not sure why it "for debugging" in the first place.) Is there
> any disadvantage to using it versus creating a custom session class?

There is no reason to avoid Apache::Session::Flex.

> I have heard so many complaints about MySQL locking, and have encountered
> problems with it myself, that I have to wonder why it is still in the
> package at all (much less the default)?

I've never used it.  People who really want mutual exclusion for their
sessions would probably be better off using InnoDB tables and real
transactions.  My only large-scale use of Apache::Session was with
Oracle, using standard transactions and no separate locking.

> > The latest Apache::Session on CPAN is version 1.54, released in October
> 2001.
>
> Perhaps this answers my previous question. :)

Yes, it is far from actively maintained.  I've been considering
recommending that people use CGI::Session instead, since it is better
documented and better maintained.

- Perrin