Hi!

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 02:00:18AM -0600, John Michael wrote:
> Someone pointed me to checking the connection class for an abort.  I found
> info on this in the modperl cookbook..That seems useful if you want to
> server your own files, but would take a lot of overhead if you had to
> continue to check it for a large file.  It would not really do me any good
> to serve the file myself if under modperl I would think anyway

I'm not really sure I understand completely what you're after, but recently
I had to implement something wich sound similar: Registeres users are
allowed to download a fixed quantity of mp3 files. If they abort the
download, their quota shouldn't be decremented.

So I did something like this:

  $h->r->send_fd($fh);

  if ($h->r->connection->aborted) {
      $h->debug("DOWNLOAD ABBORTED!!");

      # reset download count
  }

  return OK;

Obviously, I am serving the mp3-files using a mod_perl enabled Apache.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                               http://domm.zsi.at