Hi there,

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, John Michael wrote:

> I'm trying to limit users to a certain folder to only 1 connection at a time.

You've read the stuff that Randal's done I take it?

http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/LinuxMag/col17.html

There have also been several thread on this List which touch on the
sort of thing you want to do.  Although not I think exactly what you
need they may give you some ideas.  See for example

http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/182/2003/5/0/10500819/
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/mod_perl_C1/modperl_F7/Throttling_based_on_subprocess_CPU_usage_P9199/

Expressions to try on Google are things like "throttle mod_perl"
and "throttle access".  Then of course there's mod_throttle and
mod_throttle_access, and perhaps more on-topic:

http://search.cpan.org/~dons/Apache-Throttle-0.03/Throttle.pm

73,
Ged.