On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 10:26:43AM +0100, Frank Maas wrote:
> > I've encountered a weird, intermittent problem.  I have a Perl handler
> > that handles a certain URL.  Sometimes it will fail because the $r
> > passed to it loses its class.
> >
> > The handler starts with:
> >
> > sub handler {
> >     use strict;
>
> Could you enter the line
>
> print STDERR "Handler called with ".(scalar @_)."arguments:
>
> here? For some reason it sounds familiar to a problem I once ran into
> which caused my non-prototyped handler to be called as a method (in which
> case $r is the 2nd argument).

I'll try to do that at the next code push, or if we can reproduce the
problem in a staging environment.  The trouble is, this will output
a line every time, flooding our logs.  I'd like to make this conditional
on the 'class loss' happening, but of course that adds a variable to
the experiment.

For now, I added that line in CVS with a comment to follow up.  Thanks.