On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, SRef wrote:

> "Randy Kobes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, SRef wrote:
> >
> > > Env: Perl5.8 Apache2.0 mod_perl2.0(1.99xx?) PS: I did try
> > > to find the solution through mod_perl and apache
> > > documents, but in vain. Please help me, thanks.
> > >
> > > For example, I have a script file named "index.cgi" for my
> > > website entrance, and there are some template files in the
> > > same directory with it. index.cgi used to run correctly
> > > under "use warnings(FATAL => 'all'); use strict....."
> > >
> > > when I try using mod_perl, problems occur: 1. when
> > > access my site http://localhost, it shows error
> > > "cann't open http://localhost";; I can only use
> > > http://localhost/index.cgi, how to sovle this?
> >
> > This seems like a problem with your Apache configuration -
> > see the docs at http://httpd.apache.org/ for details.
>
> In my httpd.conf, there is this:
[ ... ]
This isn't really mod_perl related - if the answers aren't
apparent from the docs, you might try searching the archives
of or else asking on either an Apache users mailing list
or in a newsgroup devoted to web server configuration
issues.

> > > 2. it shows many error"sub1 redefined.....sub2 redefined...."
> > > when the second
> > > time or more to access the index.cgi.
> >
> > This might be using modules or subroutines whose names
> > coincide - it's hard to know without seeing a simple
> > example of your script.
>
> I don't think that's the case. Since if I change the
> subname, eg, sub main() , changed to main1() Then the
> errorlog will say "main1() redefined....." instead of
> "main() redefined....".
[ ... ]
If you search http://perl.apache.org/ for
   warnings subroutine redefined
do any of those pages help?
[ ... ]
> > > 4. Another error, mod_perl::register:  Unrecognized
> > > character \x11 at mark.gif. Anything wrong with the
> > > gif?
> >
> > Does the gif display OK when loaded in a browser? Again,
> > a simple example illustrating the problem would help.
>
> it's ok when loaded alone in a browser. And actually it's
> all ok before I use mod_perl. Does mod_perl register parse
> gif files or do any special thing to them?

It depends on how things are configured. If you're using
mod_perl to send some image to the browser as the response,
are you setting the appropriate content-type? And, for
Win32, if the image is being sent via a filehandle, are you
using binmode on that filehandle?

--
best regards,
randy