From: Stas Bekman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 11:16 AM
To: Jan Dubois
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: mod_perl 1.99_11 test failures on 64 bit HP-UX systems

Jan Dubois wrote:
> We are observing the attached test failures on 64 bit HP-UX systems.  They
> happen on both PA-RISC and IPF systems.  I compiled Apache 2.0.48, Perl
> 5.8.2 and mod_perl 1.99_11 both with the HP ANSI C compiler and with GCC.
> The errors are always the same.  They don't appear in 32 bit mode at all.
>
> TJ thinks that these failures are related to failure of the
> get_remote_addr() function in
> apache/srclib/apr/network_io/unix/sockaddr.c.  It looks like getpeername()
> doesn't work correctly in 64 bit mode on HP-UX.
>
> If this is true, then this is not a mod_perl problem, but an Apache or
> HP-UX problem.

Most likely it's not a mod_perl problem, since remote_addr in mod_perl is
just
an accessor to the connection object:

APR::SockAddr
remote_addr(obj, val=NULL)
     Apache::Connection obj
     APR::SockAddr val

     CODE:
     RETVAL = (APR__SockAddr) obj->remote_addr;

     if (items > 1) {
          obj->remote_addr = (APR__SockAddr) val;
     }

     OUTPUT:
     RETVAL

Could this have anything to do with IPv6?

Could you ask this at apr-dev? http://apr.apache.org/. That's where
apr/network_io/unix/sockaddr.c is coming from? I'm sure apr devs would
gladly
accept a patch with the fix if you have one.