Chris Ochs wrote:
I'm just trying to see how Apache::Singleton works.  If my code is not
understandable, that's how far off I probably am from knowing how it works..
That was why I asked if someone had a complete sample.

BTW, if you have the "Practical mod_perl" book, pages 760-762 (appendix A) explain how to use Class::Singleton to write Book::DBIHandle.

Actually I don't think I will use Singleton, it just seems like a lot more
work then it's worth for me.  I have a hash for the posted cgi variables but
that gets cleared out when it's reset anyways, and I have about 30 global
variables that I just set explicitly at the start of the code.

May be this solution will work better for you: http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/perl_reference/perl_reference.html#Using_Global_Variables_and_Sharing_Them_Between_Modules_Packages