I'm using Apache 2.0.48, mod_perl 1.99_12, and Apache::AuthCookie to
create a custom authentication scheme. I've noticed that while apache
normally logs the $REMOTE_USER, it doesn't log it when accessing PHP
pages. The pages are still correctly protected. At first I thought
$_SERVER["REMOTE_USER"] wasn't always being populated by PHP, but it
looks like that is working. However, $PHP_AUTH_USER isn't getting set. I
suspect that Apache logging and $PHP_AUTH_USER are related issues. At
work, we currently use a proprietary Apache 2 authentication module that
successfully logs the user and populates $PHP_AUTH_USER, so I know it
can be done. Would it be possible to modify mod_perl and/or
Apache::AuthCookie to do the same?

I've done alot of googling, but I haven't been able to find mention of
my problem. Is this an known issue? If so, what is the solution?

I've only been using mod_perl about a week, but I'm loving it so far.
Amazing stuff.

--
Stuart Jansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED], AIM:StuartMJansen>

âThe programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure
thought-stuff. He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating by
exertion of the imagination. Few media of creation are so flexible, so
easy to polish and rework, so readily capable of realizing grand
conceptual structures.â       -- Fredrick Brooks, Mythical Man Month