>    - login(): set Location header with err_headers_out rather than headers_out
>      (Casey West)

I find this curious.  both apache 1.3 and 2.0 have the following logic (in
http_protocol.c):

    const char *location = apr_table_get(r->headers_out, "Location");
    /*
     * It's possible that the Location field might be in r->err_headers_out
     * instead of r->headers_out; use the latter if possible, else the
     * former.
     */
    if (location == NULL) {
        location = ap_table_get(r->err_headers_out, "Location");
    }

so, the Location header really needs to special treatment to be included in
redirect responses, which is typically why you put things in err_headers_out.

is there a specific bug that was fixed with this change?  I'm curious to
know what it is :)

--Geoff