Perrin Harkins wrote:
On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 19:45, Stas Bekman wrote:

I'm not familiar with SDBM guts, but it could be that mod_perl and perl have a different idea about some data type used by SDBM. like 32/64 bits so LFS could be an issue. Are you sure it's the same perl?

At first I thought it wasn't, but strings /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
says it is.  By the way, if there's a better way to tell, I'd love to
hear it.

I don't know any better if it's a static-linked executable.

How did you manipulate this file? Via mod_perl or some other module?

Via MLDBM::Sync, from mod_perl.  The command-line script is identical,
but doesn't work.

Aha. So it's not direct SDBM_File. Can you first test with SDBM_File itself, so that we may be can point the fat finger at MLDBM::Sync? Starting with a fresh file and inserting one key/val via gdb/ddd may help to figure out where things go wrong. The trick is to figure out where to breakpoint.

If it's the same perl then it should probably work just fine, because I think perl brings in its own SDBM implementation and doesn't link against an external library.

That's what I thought, but it doesn't work.  That led me to wonder if
mod_perl is using the apache version of the lib.

It does not, AFAIK.