-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Apache::AuthzNIS ... problem?
Date:   Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:24:55 +0100
From:   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     EdSantiago <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ShannonEricPeevey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC:     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello Guys

Me again with a different problem - but I think this time it is more for Shannon. I am no success with Apache::AuthzNIS (HPUX 11i).

My httpd.conf reads:

<Directory "/pkg/vdc52/ddts/www/">

 AuthName "NIS Authentification"
 AuthType Basic
 PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthenNIS
 PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthzNIS
 require valid-user
 require group user52

</Directory>

My understanding is the following:

1. The user will validated as a NIS user or rather "authenticated" as a NIS user. 2. If the user is not a member of the "user52" group, the "authorisation" fails.

Pointers? Have tried various combinations and all fail ...

Phil