-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Shannon Eric Peevey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 8. Februar 2004 16:23
An: Bippes, Arne
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Betreff: Re: Post Request - content-length = 0 with IE

Bippes, Arne wrote:

>> I'm trying to override AuthenNTML (PerlAuthenHandler).
>>
>Ae you trying to build a module using AuthenNTLM?  I am a bit confused :P

>> While doing this i'm having the Problem that all my Post-Variables
>> somehow disappear in MS Internet Explorer (V 6.0). Posting the same
>> page with Mozilla, everything works fine.
>>
>> Looking further even with
>> handler {
>>         $r = shift;
>>         return OK;
>> }
>> no Post Variables can be found.
>
>Have you run this through the Perl debugger?  That should show you where
>your variables disappear...

Hi Shannon, hi list

First of all thank you for the answear.

More detailled explanation: I'm having dramatic performance Problems using
AuthenNTLM (many Seconds to answear a request), so I'm writing another
PerlAuthenHandler which looks for a Cookie and checks permission. Only if
this Cookie is not set (or invalid) I'm passing the request to AuthenNTLM.
All I actually need is the Windows Domainuser (and at least verified once).

sub handler ($$) {
    my ( $self_h, $r ) = @_;
    my $rcode = OK;

    #### IE AND MOZILLA HAVE SAME get_msg and method, BUT IE has
content-lenghth 0 ####
    print STDERR "[$$] AuthenETracker: USER - " . $self_h->get_msg($r) . "("
. $r->method ." - " . $r->header_in('content-length') . ")\n";

    my $c = $r->connection;
    my $cookie = $r->header_in('Cookie');
    $cookie =~ /(bt)(=)([0-9]+)/;
    $cookie = $3;
    $rcode = Apache::AuthenNTLM::handler( $self_h, $r ) if ( !
db_check_user($cookie,$r,$c) );

    print STDERR "[$$] AuthenETracker: USER AFTER CHECK " . $c->user() . "
[$rcode]\n";

    return $rcode;
}

So I'm not sure whether the debugger will be of help, since as I understood
it shows only my Script. And in my Script content-length is already 0.

I found the following comment in AuthenNTLM, might this have something to do
with my problem?

# IE (5.5, 6.0, probably others) can send a type 1 message
# after authenticating on the same connection.  This is a
# problem for POST messages, because IE also sends a

I did not try the debugger yet, since I'm not the only one using this
Webserver so I'm kind of carefull changing webserver settings. Sorry for
asking before really trying everything!!

Thank you and greetings from Germany

Arne