Hi Mark,

What version of CGI.pm are you testing with? There are some known problems with using CGI.pm and mod_perl in older versions of CGI.pm. Upgrade to the latest version of CGI.pm and my guess is your problem will go away.

Cheers,

Cees

Mark Stosberg wrote:
Hello,

I maintain the popular Data::FormValidator module, and am just starting
to use modperl myself. A couple of my users spotted a modperl-related
bug in the module. I've read the "CGI porting" document about basic
modperl traps, but I can't figure this out.

I have a test script for the issue below. When run with "-X", it gives a
different result on the second load. However, I'm not aware of global
variables in use, and I'm not getting the "won't stay shared warning".

Any pointers to help debug this will be appreciated by myself and the
other DFV/modperl users.

BTW, the issue only happens with a CGI.pm object as input. Using a regular hashref doesn't trigger it.

Thanks!

Mark