Chris Ochs wrote:
When I have apache::reload as an init handler in httpd.conf, apache
processes will randomly go from 20mb to 120 or sometimes over 500 mb of
memory.  I haven't narrowed it down to an exact place in the code that
triggers it, because simply taking out apache::reload made it stop.

I suppose this could happen if all of your code was reloaded in a process. I'm not sure why it would do that though. If you want to see what's being reloaded add "PerlSetVar ReloadDebug On" to your httpd.conf and watch the error_log.

- Perrin