Randy Kobes wrote:

>All tests successful on my Win32: Apache/2.0.48 and
>perl-5.8.3 (ActivePerl 809).

Not quite so for me (WinXP / MSVC6 / 2.0.48 / 5.8.3) -- I have to
increase ThreadsPerChild in the mpm_winnt.c section
(Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm) to some value higher than 20.
I'm not sure how much higher it needs to be, but 50 works for me.

If I don't do that then the test suite doesn't even get off the ground
-- the server starts up but writes an error to the error_log about
having run out of threads ("Server ran out of threads to serve requests.
Consider raising the ThreadsPerChild setting"), and then just sits there
looking stupid.  Nothing else happens.

Having made that change, all is OK.

I've no idea why so many threads are needed.  I just retried 1.99_12 and
confirmed my suspicion that 20 threads worked fine then, so the
requirement for extra threads comes from something that has been added
since.  Any ideas what to try?

- Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this
message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The
unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly
forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Radan Computational Ltd.  The
recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan
Computational will accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.