Dave Rolsky wrote:
> So this change was incorporated in the latest Debian apache-perl package,
> and it causes segfaults when used with Mason.

do you have a backtrace, perl version, etc?  has it been reported with
multiple perl versions?

> The trigger seems to be the fact that Mason includes this bit of code
> which _may_ be called at server startup:
>
>             my $c = $r ? $r : Apache->server;
>             @val = HAS_TABLE_API ? $c->dir_config->get($p) : $c->dir_config($p);

does it matter which form you use if PERL_TABLE_API is enabled?

what is the status of your config?  I'm assuming that $c is an
Apache::Server object and not $r.  Do you actually have a per-server
PerlSetVar at all, PerlSetVar foo 0, or PerlSetVar foo bar?

> -    if (!SvTRUE(RETVAL)) {
> +    if (!SvOK(RETVAL)) {

I don't see how that could cause a segfault at first glance - it ought to
only affect "0" cases, so if you don't qualify the results ought to be the
same...

--Geoff