I have a PerlPreConnectionHandler running on a proxy vhost (w/ mod_proxy),
acting much like the User Guide example that blocks clients by their IP.
I'd like it to behave differently if the connection of due to a subrequest
or not.

For clarity (?): my PerlPreConnectionHandler works great on browser requests
coming into the proxy, but it runs again when the server response to the proxied
request returns _to the proxy_. In this server response case I want to do
something slightly different based on the _server's_ IP. But I don't know how to
easily determine if this (server response) connection is actually due to the
proxy's own subrequest, and not another client browser connecting.

I could move this IP-checking code into the PerlPostReadRequestHandler, but it'd
be nicer to deal with the connection level for this, not per-request once it's
into the HTTP handlers.

Cheers,
-jd.