From: Andrew Green [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 10:55 AM
To: Chris Miller
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: "MySQL server has gone away"

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:23:42 -0500, Chris Miller wrote:

> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at
> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1/Mysql.pm line 175.

I was bitten by this once when trying to write records to the MySQL
server that were bigger than the server's configured maximum packet
size -- the MySQL server would simply drop the connection, prompting
DBI to give that error.

I imagine that if you're using Apache::DBI, restarting Apache would
appear to fix the connection, leading you to suspect a mod_perl problem.

Cheers,
Andrew.
--
                   ::