Hi there,

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Mike Ni wrote:

> I am having a tough time to parse the "query_string".
> Does anyone know where I can find man page about
> how the Apache construct the "query_string"?

This isn't really a mod_perl question. :)

Apache doesn't construct the query string, the client (usually a
browser) does it.  Of course you have to give the client enough
information that it can know how to do that.

You need to read a good book on the HyperText Transfer Protocol, HTTP.
I don't know what to recommend, I'd suggest you search the Web for any
recommendations you can find.  Chapter three of the "mod_perl Developer's
Cookbook" might help you now, the rest of it certainly will later if you
work with mod_perl.

There is some information about protocols here

www.w3.org/Protocols/

> Additionlly, is it right that Apache will place the returned
> "query_string" in "STDIN".

I'm not sure you understand your own question.  No, it isn't like
that.  Read some of the books you'll find mentioned on the mod_perl
Website.

73,
Ged.