On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 10:47, Larry Leszczynski wrote:
> I've been looking into designs for a mod_perl cookie-based "single
> sign-on" kind of authentication system that would use a central
> authentication server across multiple products.

Ask Bjorne Hansen and Robert Spier gave a presentation about the single
sign-on system used by cpan.org at OSCON.  There may be source
available.

It's not really very hard to build one.  The way you build it will vary
depending on your requirements.  It's definitely easier if you can
access some shared resource (like a central database) so that all you
need to pass around is a ticket that each domain can use to lookup the
user in the shared db.

- Perrin