From: Stas Bekman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 8:25 PM
To: Terranova, Adrian (Card Services)
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: compiling woes on aix-5.2 with gcc-3.3.3

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Excellent catch, I didn't notice it in the perl -V output, but you were right on.

That's great, Adrian!

So was it a bug in perl's build process on your behalf or was it a standard build? If
the latter please consider to file a perlbug report. You may want to
try and rebuild perl from scratch to make sure that it is a perl problem. It's
possible that you have used a prepackaged perl and it's your vendor who has delivered
a "buggy" perl.

Now, since you seem to grok aix linkers, would you please give a try to the modperl 2
build? we lack AIX experts on this list and linking problems usually
go unanswered, because we don't have the right knowledge. So helping us with
these issue will be a great addition to our support power. Thanks.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and
destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank
you