I have a proxy running with mod_proxy with a request output filter for examining
the (remote) server response. Under certain conditions I want to add additional
html to the server's error response, or replace a (possibly non-error) response
with a dynamic error document of my construction, changed status included.

It'd be great if I could grab the filter's request and let
$r->custom_response() do what I want, possibly adding an EOS bucket to
the filter stream before passing the brigade on at the end of the filter handler.

This seems related to a someone's previous thread titled,
"[mp2] $r->status does not accept a valid parameter" where the issue was
how to change the $r->status, apparently in the response phase. But I'm past
that, in the (request) output filter.

Cheers,
-jd.