Hi Richard,

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 11:29, Richard Chen wrote:
> ...The problem is that my content generation module does not contain a
> header section.

Do you mean that your CGI content generator fails to produce even an
empty line in the beginning of the content?

> In fact, I believe that in mod_perl, by default, there
> will be no headers sent out. So the above code will actually read
> the content as the value for $headers. Then when the time comes
> to fetch the body content, it will be empty.

Supposed to work this way then...

> My current solution is to simply comment out the lines
>
>                         my $headers = retrieve_all_cgi_headers_via ($fh);
>                         $r->send_cgi_header($headers); # just for the case...
>
> but I am wondering if this is a genuine bug in Apache::Dynazip
> when the content does not come from cgi but mod_perl handler,
> or I have used it inappropriately.

Usually, Apache::Dynagzip expects CGI-compatible content generators in
CGI mode. Though, it's not quite clear for me at the moment, where is
your problem is originating from. Why won't you append a nice piece of
error_log relevant to your request?

> I think most people will not encounter this if they use IE/netscape
> because these browsers set Accept-Encoding header by default.

Not quite the truth. M$IE does not set Accept-Encoding header over
initial HTTP/1.0 request.

> But a well-behaved web site should be able to handle as many clients
> as possible. So this problem is worth fixing.

Definitely.

Thanks,
Slava