Perrin Harkins wrote:
On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 11:48, Pascal Felber wrote:

The server is a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
512MB, running linux 2.4.18-3, Apache 2.0.48, and mod_perl 1.99_08.

That came out more than a year ago.  You should be running the latest
(1.99_13 at the moment) if you're going to do this kind of stress
testing.

Neither you are giving us a proper problem report :( We can't even tell whether you are using the prefork or the worker MPM. If you are using the worker mpm that will explain your observation. Starting a new interpreter under server with many loaded modules at run time is *very* slow, due to perl (not mod_perl). If you are using prefork then you may get new processes spawned, but usually forks are very fast. So my guess is that you are using the worker mpm.

Please, please, remember to always submit a proper bug report if you want us to help you: http://perl.apache.org/bugs/