simran wrote:
But there's nobody reading the STDIN if you avoid doing something like this:

my $cgi = new CGI();
my $rq = Apache::Request->new($r);
my $content = $r->content();

Why would you do that if you know that none of these methods will work because you don't get a real post.

I wish i could avoid the above methods being called, but unfortunately
the application framework i am working in, calls the above methods
(which of course cause the read from STDIN).

My particular bit of code (in the application i am working in) is
treated as a "plugin" and as such is passed things like the request
object, but only after some internal pre-processing.

My ideal situation would be if i could someone query the passed (and
original) $r to give me the raw contents...

Oh I see. So I have no idea how to solve it besides creating your own HTTP-Server in front of your apache. Taking the ugly POST-Request parsing the content and sending a real POST to your Apache-Framework-Solution.

1. Running an other Apache in front of your actually running Apache triggering the specific SMS request, all other request are simply redirected using RewriteRules

2. Using something like POE to create your own webserver
e.g.:
* http://poe.perl.org/?POE_Cookbook
* http://poe.perl.org/?POE_Cookbook/Web_Proxy,
* http://poe.perl.org/?POE_Cookbook/Web_Server