On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 04:12:51PM -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> Any chance you might be opening the db handle before forking, i.e. in
> your startup.pl?  I suspect that would cause problems.

Hi Perrin,

My gut reaction is "Yes, this makes sense." However, I'm scratching my
head trying to understand why. It seems that all the children would
share the same locked environment. But perhaps, they shouldn't be
sharing the same handle (is this the equivalent of a connection?) to
that environment. Is that where the problem lies?  Does each child need
to have a separate handle?

Thanks,
William

--