Using the default installation of Mac OSX 10.3/Apache
1.3.29/mod_perl-1.26/Perl 5.8.1RC1, the following script:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use CGI qw(:standard);

print header(), start_html(), '<pre>';

for (sort keys(%ENV)) {
  print "$_ = $ENV{$_}\n";
}

print '</pre>', end_html();

exit(0);

... works as a CGI but under mod_perl all that is returned to the browser is:

I've tried the script from a mod_perl-enabled directory and using a <Files
.mpl> directive, both from within a user account and from a custom /perl
directory under the system's /Library/WebServer/

Could someone check these copies of my httpd.conf and a user-defined include:

http://www.trans-siberiangold.com/htconf.txt
http://www.trans-siberiangold.com/htuser.txt

There's nothing in /var/log/httpd/error_log or access_log to give any clues
and 'apachectl configtest' shows no errors.

Garry